Monday, February 5, 2007

first blog







This is my first post on my first attempt at a blog. I have been making dolls for about five years now, and beading for only about 6 months. This is my most recent doll. She is an original pattern cloth doll with a painted face. She is a Japanese Geisha, which I made for a friend of mine. I spent about 3 weeks researching Japanese history and costuming. The face is painted with the nape of the neck left flesh, as is traditional. the make-up is limited to the grey and red near the eyes and the red lips. The Kimono has a false color to denote four additional layers. There is a full under kimono. The outer kimon has a padded hem and is lined in vintage kimono fabric. The obi has three layers in is also made of vintage kimono fabric. The hair ornanments are accented with coins, and she holds a fan of origami paper in her hand.




No comments: