Thursday, May 8, 2008

coming out of hibernation


Warm weather is returning to Iowa, the sun is shining, the weeds are growing....


I feel like I have more energy. All through the winter, I was creating and then I hit that transition time, feb. when the winter here is it at its greyest, and coldest, and I got the flu, the real flu for the first time in like ten years. Its only been in the last few weeks that I have felt like myself again.


Projects, priority one now is to clean my studio, I get so overwhelmed by the mess when I walk out, I often end up walking out without getting anything done. I must also learn to say now when people ask to leave stuff in my studio, I have my own junk, I don't need anyone elses cluttering up my space.


I resolve to not take any projects unless its something I really, really, want to do. I loved making the inchies for a recent swap on artchix, but I am dragging my feet on the current RR I am involved in for my doll club, the theme just doesn't thrill me.


Slowly I am learning, that if I take on a project that I feel I ough to, instead of wanting to, I feel stiffled creativly, and it makes me not want to create, instead of feeding my spirit. To help me through the doldrums of winter, I made lovely little pincushions some from a book called Kokoro no Te by Kumiko Sudo, working with yummy colored silks and feeling like I was playing brightened my day.

No comments: